More than just angels and demons walk the wastes after the Rapture. Elemental creatures of all descriptions roam, too. Much like the celestials, these elemental creatures may dally with humans for many reasons, and humans may also find themselves suddenly infused with elemental energy.
Primordials are these people. They can be described in four broad groups- Ifrit, the primordials of fire, Oreads, the primordials of earth, sylphs, the primordials of air, and undines, the primordials of water. They look broadly human, but almost always possess some trait that betrays their elemental nature. Ifrit have red or bronze skin, horns that sprout from their brows, hair that dances like flame, or even more ostentatious traits. Oreads are commonly solidly built, skin that looks like stone or gem, hair like spines of crystal, or eyes like liquid metal. Sylphs are usually thin and delicate, with pale blue or white skin, markings that swirl across their skin, or hair that dances in an ever-present wind. Undine are very similar to sylphs, but darker of hue, and often have fins or webbed appendages.
Primordial Racial Traits Edit
- Size and Type: Primordials are all Medium Outsiders with the Native subtype.
- Base Speed: All primordials have a base land speed of 30 ft.
- Languages: All primordials begin play knowing the dominant language of their region, as well as the language of their elemental parent (Ignan for Ifrit, Terran for Oread, Auran for Sylph, Aquan for Undine). Primordials select bonus languages as humans.
- Darkvision 60 ft.
- Elemental Affinity: Primordial sorcerers with the elemental bloodline matching their elemental treat their charisma as 2 points higher for all sorcerer class abilities. Primordial spellcasters with the domain matching their element use their domain powers and spells at +1 caster level.
Ifrit Racial Traits Edit
- Ability Score Bonuses: Ifrit are passionate and quick, but quick tempered and impetuous. +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom
- Fire Resistance 5
- Spell-like Ability: Ifrits can use burning hands 1/day as a spell-like ability with caster level equal to their character level.
Oread Racial Traits Edit
- Ability Score Bonuses: Oreads are strong and stoic. +2 Strength, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma
- Acid Resistance 5
- Spell-like Ability: Oread can use magic stone 1/day as a spell-like ability with caster level equal to their character level.
Sylph Racial Traits Edit
- Ability Score Bonuses: Sylphs are quick, smart and delicate. +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Constitution
- Electricity Resistance 5
- Spell-like Ability: Sylphs can use feather fall 1/day as a spell-like ability with caster level equal to their character level.
Undine Racial Traits Edit
- Ability Score Bonuses: Undines are perceptive and agile, but tend to flow around a problem rather than strike directly. +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -2 Strength
- Cold Resistance 5
- Spell-like Ability: Undines can use hydraulic push 1/day as a spell-like ability with caster level equal to their character level.