Nephilim are humans touched by Celestial essence. The most common way for this to happen is through birth, the celestial dallying with a human, and not caring about the offspring. Occasionally, a nephilim began life as a human and was somehow "tainted" or "blessed" with celestial essence after birth.
Nephilim have no culture of their own to speak of, mostly living in human or celestial societies, or mixed bands of survivors or bandits. There are a sparse handful of settlements made up of nephilim who have banded together, but even these are deeply influenced by the societies those nephilim come from.
Physical Description: In general, nephilim appear human. However, it is far from uncommon for them to display some major physical trait that belies their heritage, from inhuman skin, to horns or a halo of light surrounding the head. Indeed, it is rather uncommon for a nephilim to be able to effortlessly pass for human.
Alignment and Religion: Nephilim run the gamut of alignments, and their parentage is no guarantee of their alignment. Even a nephilim of a rare truly benevolent angel may be an arrogant butcher of their human kin, and a nephilim sired by a vicious monster of a demon may be a genuine humanist.
Nephilim Racial Traits Edit
Nephilim can be sorted into two broad types, the Beatific and the Beastial. Beatific nephilim are generally those that carry the essence of angels, though some particularly beautiful demons, such as succubi, also give rise to beatific nephilim. Beastial nephilim are generally those that carry the essence of demons, though some angels, such as leonals, give rise to beastial nephilim.
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Beatific nephilim are charming and insightful, but their minds are mired in the rigid laws of Heaven. They gain +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma and -2 Intelligence. Beastial nephilim are cunning and agile, but inherently unnerving. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence and -2 Charisma.
- Size and Type: Nephilim are Medium Outsiders with the Native subtype.
- Speed: Nephilim have a base land speed of 30 ft.
- Languages: Nephilim begin play knowing Enochian, the dominant language of their region, and either The Words of Creation or The Dark Speech, depending on their parent celestial. Nephilim select bonus languages as a Human. Cthonic nephilim are very rare, but it's not unheard of for the Cthonics to produce them in their experiments, and some of the oldest nephilim were created this way.
- Resistances: All nephilim have cold and electric resistance 5. Bestial nephilim are also resistant to fire (5), while beatific nephilim are are also resistant to acid (5).
- Skilled: All nephilim have a +2 racial bonus to Persuasion. Beatific nephilim also have a +2 racial bonus to Perception, while beastial nephilim also have a +2 racial bonus to Stealth.
- Spell-like Ability: All nephilim have a single spell-like ability they may use once per day. This spell may be any second level spell that relates to the celestial that gave rise to the nephilim.
- Darkvision 60'
- Celestial Magic: Beastial nephilim sorcerers with the Abyssal or Infernal bloodlines treat their charisma as 2 points higher for all sorcerer class abilities. Beatific nephilim wizards may treat their intelligence as 2 points higher for the purposes of spells from the Sanctified list or of the Holy or Light subschool (they receive bonus spells as if their Intelligence were 2 points higher, but may only use the bonus spell gained this way for such spells).